This Property Manager position at Rose Associates, Inc. includes but is not limited to overseeing all aspects of the property assigned to him/her and acts as the liaison between the owner(s), management and residents. The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring superior customer service and maintaining quality resident relations; overseeing the operations of the property and supervising a building operations staff; and preparing budgets for both income & expense items related to operations and capital improvements.
Owner(s) & Tenant Relations:
- Interact directly with middle and senior management, Owner, Board of Managers, and business partners to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensure timely and accurate communications with clients, owners, and residents.
- Interface with residents to address issues/concerns and enhance the living environment.
- Attend meetings.
- Perform all duties as specified in the management agreement.
- Enforce all association by-laws, declarations, rules and regulations.
- Foster and maintain open lines of communication in order to work collaboratively with other departments (i.e., compliance, lease administration, accounting and IT).
- Monitor and ensure the day-to-day operations of the property while emphasizing a positive response to concerns of residents and client.
- Monitor and ensure the timely maintenance of all building operations and systems, including the coordination of preventive maintenance work.
- Monitor and ensure that the property comply with audits, reviews, and inspections.
- Monitor all maintenance and repair work, including obtaining quotes from vendors, scheduling and coordinating work, and reviewing work after completion.
- Negotiate all service contracts, including bidding, awarding, and managing building contracts and ensuring that suppliers/service providers are meeting contractual obligations (i.e., HVAC, cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, pest control, critical systems maintenance, etc.).
- Respond to building emergencies to coordinate resources and provide appropriate guidance for the preservation of life and property, including the implementation of restorative, corrective, and preventive actions.
- Monitor unit owner alteration projects (if any) and building-wide capital improvements as required.
Administrative & Financial Functions:
- Prepare Annual Budget, Monthly Variance explanations, Utility Consumption Reports, and other reports as required.
- Develop, prepare, and manage short and long range operating budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze past income and expenditure patterns and make recommendations.
- Process invoices through various accounts payable procedures; manage vendor payments expenditures/records, orders and delivery logs; review charges and identify and report discrepancies.
- Ensure that appropriate insurance requirements are in place for all properties.
- Directly supervises the Assistant Property Manager and/or administrative assistant as well as the Building Superintendent/Resident Manager who oversees the building staff to ensure appropriate:
- Hiring, training, motivation, and evaluation of work performance of building staff.
- Execution of disciplinary actions for all employees.
- Establishment and maintenance for a productive working environment.
- Approval of weekly payroll and all personnel actions.
- Liaison with appropriate union(s) and union representative.
- Supervision of the work of outside contractors at the property to ensure compliance with contractual agreements, municipal codes, and safety standards.
Position may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed and when requested.
|Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, marketing, real estate or finance.
- 8 years of residential rental property management experience with large properties and/or portfolio of properties preferred.
- Experience with luxury properties a plus.
- Working technical knowledge of building operations and maintenance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.