||Development Project Job Cost Accountant
||14 Jul 2021
The Development Project Job Cost Accountant is the primary accounting and administrative support for all projects from startup through final closeout. Mid-level professional with a solid understanding of job cost accounting systems, contract administration and willing to work and develop the understanding to perform all duties. Serves as the liason between the development project teams and the accounting department, ensuring all job cost accounting, contract administration and accounting standard operating procedures and protocols are followed by the project team. Performs activities related to budgets, contracts, change orders, budget re-allocations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, lien waiver review, insurance COI conformance and the preparation and review of financial reports for the project management team. Responsible for contract reviews, the accuracy of all data input to job cost accounting system and project close-outs. Requires a general understanding and familiarity with the overall project execution process, including budgeting, cost reporting, cost control, schedule, anticipated cost, and project profitability.
- Primary responsibility is the preparation and issuing of requisitions for assigned projects in accordance with the contract and inclusive of all hard and soft costs. Thorough review of contracts, subcontracts, consultant and vendor agreements to abstract and assemble contract information as needed for billing purposes.
- Directly report to the Managing Director of Finance and Accounting
- Staff reporting to the entire project team for each specific project on the cost control of the project, as well as overall project costs as they relate to the budgeted amounts and their impact on the project. Ability to review project costs vs. budget and discuss with both project team and owner representatives as necessary. Understand project budgeting, commitment, approval, contracts, change order and budget re-allocations and invoicing processes.
- Apply funds received though accounts receivable reconciliation with associated requisitions for each project and any required adjustments. In-depth review/understanding of the effects the invoices and costs have to the monthly reporting.
- Timely enter all invoices with associated back-up documents and change orders, project scope changes, requisition budget re-allocations. When applicable maintain change order log(s) in conjunction with the project team. Ensure requisitions are reconciled with all approved changes.
- Timely process payments to contractors, consultants and vendors and ensure project team complies with requisition due dates established by the requisition schedule and contract documents. Ensure that all contractors, consultants and vendors are in compliance with the requisition format and the required submission of support documentation.
- Maintain complete project files in conjunction with accounting and project teams. Assemble and maintain the Lender Requisition Package necessary to accurately requisition for debt and equity. Project files to include contract with the owner, contractors, consultants and vendors for the entire duration of the project.
- Review contractor, consultant and vendor agreements in conjunction with the monthly invoices to ensure they are being billed against the appropriate job cost code and committed value. Code all invoices with the appropriate job cost code and coordinate with the project team as necessary. Apply payments to contract commitments as required.
- Ensure all payments are within the associated budget and commitment prior to review and approval from the project team, and coordinate with the project team as necessary.
- Monitor and communicate through reporting and active review that every contractor, consultant and vendor is in compliance with the terms and conditions of their contract documents.
- Interface with all corporate accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger accuracy, and monthly financial reporting activities with the project and accounting teams.
- Participate in cost analysis and reconciliation of general ledger account balances in relationship to billings, job costing reports, and cash receipts of project requisition payments.
- Assist project and accounting teams with special projects as needed.
- Coordinate with CPA firms on year end audit
- Maintain accounting workpapers to support General Ledger and Trial Balance
- Review monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Reconcile Job Cost subledger to General Ledger
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Year-end Financial Statements
|Qualifications and Competencies:
- 7-10 years of experience
- BS required: Accounting, Business or equivalent.
- Experience in job cost accounting, contact administration and accounts payable at a Real Estate Developer, Construction Manager or General Contractor.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and to form judgements and conclusions after analysis of information.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to present work in a concise, complete and easily comprehendible manner
- Proficient in current corporate accounting software packages as well as Excel and Word.
- Experience with MRI is preferred.
- Multiple project experience a plus.
|Email this Job to a Friend