||1 Oct 2021
The Project Accountant is the primary development project accounting support for all development projects from startup through final closeout. The position is designed for a mid-level professional with a solid understanding of job cost accounting systems and contract administration. The position will serve as the liaison between the Development project teams and the Accounting Department to ensure all job cost accounting and contract administration conform to standard operating procedures and protocols. The Project Accountant will be responsible for the monthly review and delivery of budgets, contracts, change orders, budget re-allocations, lien waiver review, and insurance COIs. Attention to detail, accuracy, and flexibility are essential to succeed in the position. The successful candidate will have a general understanding and familiarity with the overall project execution process, including budgeting, cost reporting, cost control, scheduling, anticipated cost and project profitability.
- Preparation of all deliverables required to prepare requisitions for assigned projects in accordance with contracts and inclusive of all hard and soft costs.
- Thorough review of contracts, subcontracts, consultant and vendor agreements to abstract and assemble contract information as needed for billing purposes.
- Review project costs vs. budget and discuss with both project team and owner representatives as necessary.
- Enter into system all invoices with associated back-up documents and change orders, project scope changes, and budget re-allocations.
- When applicable, maintain change order log(s) in conjunction with the project team.
- Ensure project team complies with requisition due dates established by the requisition schedule and contract documents.
- Coordinate and communicate with contractors, consultants, and vendors to ensure that they are in compliance with the requisition format and provide the required submission of support documentation.
- Maintain complete project files in conjunction with accounting and project teams. Project files to include contract with the owner, contractors, consultants and vendors for the entire duration of the project.
- Review contractor, consultant and vendor agreements in conjunction with the monthly invoices to ensure they are being billed against the appropriate job cost code and committed value.
- Code all invoices with the appropriate job cost code and coordinate with the project team as necessary. Apply payments to contract commitments as required.
- Ensure all payments are within the associated budget and commitment prior to review and approval from the project team, and coordinate with the project team as necessary.
- Monitor and communicate, through monthly reporting, an active review of every contractor, consultant and vendor.
- Interface with all corporate accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger accuracy, and monthly financial reporting activities with the project and accounting teams.
- Participate in cost analysis and reconciliation of general ledger account balances in relationship to billings, job costing reports, and cash receipts of project requisition payments.
- Assist project and accounting teams with special projects as needed.
- Directly report to the Managing Director of Development
|Qualifications and Competencies:
- 7-10 years of experience
- BS required: Accounting, Business or equivalent.
- Experience in job cost accounting and contract administration at a real estate developer, construction manager or general contractor.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and to form judgements and conclusions after analysis of information.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to present work in a concise, complete and easily comprehended manner.
- Understand project budgeting, commitment, approval, contracts, change order and budget re-allocations and invoicing processes.
- Understand the effects the invoices and costs have on the monthly reporting.
- Proficient in current corporate accounting software packages as well as Excel and Word.
- Experience with Sage and MRI is preferred.
- Multiple project experience a plus.
|Email this Job to a Friend