Owner(s) & Resident Relations:
- Interacts directly with client to ensure and maintain consistent client satisfaction.
- Ensure timely and accurate communications with clients, staff and all stakeholders across all projects or transactions.
- Consistently initiate, implement and enforce approved property policies/procedures.
- Interface with residents directly or through others to address issues/concerns and enhance the living environment.
- Deal with all resident concerns and requests on a timely and reasonable basis to ensure resident satisfaction with Management.
- Create, manage and implement appropriate communications and policies/procedures for residents, appropriate departments and property employees as it relates to newly executed leases, lease renewals, subleases, lease terminations and preparation of vacant apartments.
- Perform “as-needed” apartment inspections to review and address individual resident’s immediate concerns and/or dissatisfactions.
- Perform all duties/functions as required and outlined in the Management Agreement between Rose Associates, Inc. and property owner as well as the terms/conditions included in resident leases.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other RAI departments (i.e., Human Resources, Compliance, Commercial and Technical Services, Budget, Leasing, and Accounting).
- Manage day-to-day operations of the properties while emphasizing a positive response to concerns of residents and client.
- Contract and oversee maintenance/repair work and capital improvements, including obtaining quotes from vendors, scheduling and coordinating work, and reviewing work after completion.
- Negotiate all service contracts, including bidding, awarding, and managing them to ensure that suppliers/service providers are meeting contractual obligations (i.e., HVAC, boiler, elevator, cleaning, landscaping, pest control, laundry room equipment, critical systems maintenance, etc.).
- Maintain and improve (whenever possible) property appearance and ensure the timely maintenance and repairs of all building operations and systems, including the coordination of preventive maintenance work.
- Perform weekly property inspections of the following to identify deferred and preventative maintenance concerns and to take corrective actions to cure deficient conditions: all exterior grounds, lobbies, vacant apartments, corridors, stairs, elevators, all amenities, all mechanical areas/rooms with crucial operating systems/equipment, on-site offices and employee uniforms.
- Ensure that all properties successfully pass all surveys, audits, reviews, and inspections.
- Available 24/7 to respond to building emergencies to coordinate required resources and provide appropriate guidance in securing the emergency and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensure that all resident service requests are properly recorded, communicated and signed off appropriately by property maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that vacant apartments are inspected daily by on-site personnel and that deficient conditions are immediately addressed and communicated to the Resident Manager.
- Oversee resident and property owner apartment improvement construction projects and capital improvements as required.
- Create, develop and implement new policies/procedures and internal controls within RAI guidelines when required and/or requested by client.
- Immediately reports all liability and property incidents to the Director, appropriate insurance agency (when required) and client. Ensure that the required paper work is properly completed and distributed to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure that all unsafe conditions are properly communicated to the appropriate parties and are corrected and documented in a timely and expeditious manner.
Administrative & Financial Functions:
- Participate in preparation of short and long range operating budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare Monthly Variance Reports, Utility Consumption Reports, and other reports as required.
- Analyze past income and expenditure patterns and make recommendations.
- Process invoices through various accounts payable procedures; manage vendor payments expenditures/records, orders and delivery logs; and review charges and identify and report discrepancies.
- Assure that appropriate insurance requirements are in place for all properties.
Position may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed and when requested.