Owner(s) & Resident Relations:
- Interact directly with property owners, asset managers, and management.
- Work with residents to address issues/concerns and enhance the living environment.
- Collaborative with other departments (i.e., Compliance, Lease Administration, Human Resources, and Accounting) to achieve property goals.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the assigned portfolio while emphasizing a positive response to concerns of residents and client.
- Regularly visits site offices, inspect building operations and review periodic reports from community managers to determine progress of occupancy and maintenance projects.
- Ensure the timely maintenance of all building operations and systems, including the coordination of preventive maintenance work.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair work, which can include scheduling and coordinating work, and reviewing work after completion.
- Assist in negotiating service contracts, including bidding, awarding, and managing building contracts and ensuring that suppliers/service providers are meeting contractual obligations (i.e., HVAC, cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, pest control, critical systems maintenance, etc.).
- Respond to building emergencies to coordinate resources and provide appropriate guidance in securing the emergency and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Supervise staff, to include Community Managers / Property Managers, Leasing team and Resident Services Administrators / Lease Administrators.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures related to compliance with any relevant legislation or regulations covering residential real estate, e.g., Fair Housing practices and other municipal requirements.
- Collaborate in the management and supervision of building service employees.
- Approve invoices through various accounts payable procedures; manage vendor payments including cash management where necessary; and review charges and identify and report discrepancies.
- Assure that appropriate insurance requirements are in place for all properties.
- Partner with the Manager, Capital Projects, on identifying, budgeting for and executing on capital projects.
- Partner with the Commercial Property Manager on management of any commercial / retail space located in residential buildings in the assigned portfolio.
- Partner with Lease Administration on lease administration for both market and affordable leases.
- Partner with Human Resources on recruiting, development, recognition and discipline of staff.