We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Rental Community Manager to join our Multifamily Management department.
This position maintains positive relationships with owners, residents and staff, which build the positive reputation of Rose Associates, while implementing the annual plans to achieve revenue goals, execute capital improvements and meet all legal requirements.
The Rental Community Manager is responsible for all property operations and is to effectively initiate, manage, coordinate and motivate all available labor and resources in order to accomplish property objectives/goals as set forth by the Portfolio Director and property owner. These objectives/goals include, but are not limited to effectively maximizing occupancy levels, profit levels and property values.
Owner(s) & Resident Relations:
- Interacts directly with property owners, asset managers, and business partners to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensure timely and accurate communications with clients, staff and all stakeholders across all projects or transactions
- Interface with residents to address issues/concerns and enhance the living environment.
- Work collaboratively with other departments (i.e., compliance, transfer, leasing, and accounting)
- Manage day-to-day operations of the property while emphasizing a positive response to concerns of residents and client.
- Ensure the timely maintenance of all building operations and systems.
- Ensure that all properties pass all audits, reviews, and inspections.
- Oversee all maintenance and repair work, including obtaining quotes from vendors, scheduling and coordinating work, and reviewing work after completion.
- Negotiate all service contracts, including bidding, awarding, and managing building contracts and ensuring that suppliers/service providers are meeting contractual obligations (i.e., HVAC, cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, pest control, critical systems maintenance, etc.).
- Respond to building emergencies to coordinate resources and provide appropriate guidance in securing the emergency and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Oversee apartment improvement construction projects and capital improvements as required.
- Review all lease agreements for current and prospective residents.
- Perform all duties as required by specific leases and associated documents.
- Manage the rate of absorption of inventory through proper pricing, and seasonal adjustments to the market in both upward and downward cycles. Understand the current rental and sales market and set vacancy and renewal rents.
- Manage lease application review and make recommendations on when and how to deviate from standard criteria.
- Maintain optimal renewal rate through administering renewal leases.
- Track traffic sources and making necessary adjustments to ensure best use of advertising dollars.
- Analyze leasing efforts based on the market, competition, seasonal volume, traffic & conversion rates and agent productivity and make effective recommendations to upper management and ownership.
Administrative & Financial Functions:
- Participate in preparation of short and long range operating budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare Monthly Variance Reports, Utility Consumption Reports, and other reports as required.
- Analyze past income and expenditure patterns and make recommendations.
- Process invoices through various accounts payable procedures; manage vendor payments expenditures/records, orders and delivery logs; and review charges and identify and report discrepancies.
- Assure that appropriate insurance requirements are in place for all properties.
- Provide direction and scheduling to Resident Managers, office, building and leasing staff. Ensure compliance with policies.
- Set goals and objectives for staff
- Review and approve commissions and resolve commission disputes for Leasing Representatives.
- Supervise the work of outside contractors at the property to ensure compliance with contractual agreements, municipal codes, and safety standards. Works with contractors to minimize impact of work on the resident’s comfort and accessibility.
Position may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed and when requested.
|Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, real estate or finance or equivalent experience in residential property management.
- 5 years of residential rent regulated property management experience in NYC.
- Experience with high end residential properties.
- Experience with affordable units.
- Working knowledge of building operations and maintenance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- NY Real Estate License or ability to obtain license within 90 days of employment.
- Revenue Management Program experience preferred.
- Acts in ways that demonstrate integrity. Makes and fulfills commitments. Serves as a positive example of why people should trust Rose Associates.
- Displays diplomacy while handling difficult issues and challenges in a calm, rational manner and inspires others to do the same. Remains empathetic and objective while acknowledging others’ strong emotions.
- Achieves results within timelines. Demonstrates levels of urgency appropriate to the situation. Prioritizes tasks with logic and prevents or manages obstacles to attaining the necessary results. Demonstrates flexibility when required and still achieves the best possible result. Delegates and develops staff while achieving results and prepares them for future situations.
- Builds and maintains trust with owners, residents, staff and contractors/vendors using open, honest and regular communication. Show awareness and empathy to the needs, feelings and expectations of others. Builds rapport with a broad range of people.